LEGOLAND, situated just a 5 minute drive from the town centre of Windsor offers a great day out for families and the young at heart.
LEGOLAND Windsor has been open for approximately 10 years and is a hugely popular attraction for visitors to Windsor and the surrounding areas, from all over the world.
LEGOLAND TICKET PACKAGES
Please see the discount LEGOLAND tickets page for our all-inclusive LEGOLAND Windsor packages These include accommodation in our fabulous B&B, situated just a 5 minute walk to the town centre of Windsor, together with tickets into the park for the whole family. Children under three years old go free into the park. Our LEGOLAND packages offer superb value for money as they give entrance to the park for TWO full days.
Many visitors come back year after year with their children. As the children grow they find new, more exciting rides to go on, and LEGOLAND has introduced several new rides each year since opening. There are plenty of rides and shows for pre-schoolers but LEGOLAND is very successful at appealing to a cross-section of ages with many of the attractions. Mini Land in particular, with its' faithful and intricate recreation of cities and world famous landmarks, appeals to both adults and children alike.
GETTING TO THE PARK
LEGOLAND Windsor offers a shuttle bus service for a small charge, which runs every half hour throughout the season, from Windsor town centre directly to the park entrance. If you are travelling by car, there is plenty of parking available, and LEGOLAND Windsor is just 5 minutes drive from Alma House B&B Windsor.
LEGOLAND Windsor holds regular concerts with big name acts such as Lemar, Atomic Kitten (all the kids favourites!) Check out the website for more details. Beware - these concerts and also the spectacular firework displays are hugely popular and incredibly busy. Get to the park early to get a good position and allow plenty of time to get out of the car park on the way home as the traffic can really back up.
LEGOLAND Windsor is regularly improving and updating services to ensure that visitors enjoy their days at the park. However, sheer volume of people can make the park incredibly busy during peak times - mainly the childrens' school holidays and especially during August. If it is possible to visit outside of these peak times you will find the park much quieter.
Get to the park before it opens (10am) and be first through the gates. Get the train down and start at the furthest point and work back to the beginning, sometimes you can avoid the queues by going in the opposite direction to the crowds.
· Dress the kids in something bright so you can spot them at a distance, a yellow baseball cap will set them apart from the crowds as they run excitedly in the opposite direction to you!
· LEGOLAND offer sticky labels which you can write your mobile number on and stick on the kids' back in case you do get separated from them. Check out customer services on the way in.
· Grab the leaflet on the way in with details of the show times so you can plan your day around them. Don't miss the Stunt Show - they usually perform several times throughout the day.
· If the weather is good, take a swimming costume and a towel. LEGOLAND Windsor has a fabulous water play area that you will have to drag the younger children away from! There are a couple of huge, stand-in dryers if you do forget the swim gear.
· If you can spare the time, try to schedule a two-day visit to LEGOLAND as there is so much to do there.
· Again, if the weather is nice, consider taking a picnic. LEGOLAND Windsor is situated on a huge plot of land, which used to be a safari park, and there are lots of nice places to sit and eat. During peak times the restaurants can be very busy.
· Guests are welcome to store luggage at Alma House on checking out and return for it at their convenience. However, LEGOLAND does have a luggage locker room near the entrance to the park. This obviously saves guests returning to the guest house, especially if they are travelling on to the train station which the LEGOLAND shuttle bus goes to.
· If you are taking the shuttle bus to LEGOLAND Windsor, the stop is about 5-10 minutes walk from Alma House in the centre of town. No guarantees here, but the bus does pass directly outside our guest house and several guests have said that the drivers have stopped and let them out to save their tired legs after a long day at the park!
Check LEGOLAND Windsor's own website at LEGOLAND.co.uk for more details or contact us at Alma House - we have been visiting LEGOLAND Windsor with our own children for the past seven years.
We look forward to seeing you!